Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Interesting Column by David Brooks

Excellent column by David Brooks

"I’ll be writing a lot about the presidential election over the next 16 months, but at the outset I would just like to remark that I’m opining on this whole campaign under protest. I’m registering a protest because for someone of my Hamiltonian/National Greatness perspective, the two parties contesting this election are unusually pathetic. Their programs are unusually unimaginative. Their policies are unusually incommensurate to the problem at hand."


"Covering this upcoming election is like covering a competition between two Soviet refrigerator companies, cold-war relics offering products that never change."

Click the link below to read the story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/14/opinion/14brooks.html?hp


No comments: