Saturday, June 18, 2011

Great short video by Economist Robert Reich. He wants higher taxes for the rich. 


  


 http://tinyurl.com/6ez2chp

I am all for raising the taxes of all fat cats, which I define as anyone making more then me. But people in my bracket should have their taxes lowered, since we pay too much.

And in line with the conservatives, I think the poor should have their taxes raised also so they pay their share.
________________



Seriously, we must unfortunately raise taxes. Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security have to have more revenue. 


One of my conservative friends says that Reich fudged his numbers. I don't know about that, but rich folks pay most of their taxes on long term capital gains rates which are considerably lower then middle to high income tax rates. 


Raising taxes is distasteful, and often leads to an elected official losing his job. Unfortunately if they don't do this our country and the world faces serious long term financial ruin. So lets hope they eventually get it right - and raise taxes. And let us hope they raise the taxes on other people - not us.


Thanks to John Wason and Taffy Cannon for sharing.

No comments: